Київський клуб аматорів астрономії "Астрополіс"

astromagazin.net
Ласкаво просимо, Гість. Будь ласка, увійдіть або зареєструйтеся.
19 Квітня 2024, 20:29:15

Увійти

google

Автор Тема: some new eyepieces  (Прочитано 8470 раз)

0 Користувачів і 1 Гість дивляться цю тему.

Steve1976

• Подяк: 0
some new eyepieces
« : 07 Березня 2010, 20:17:11 »
. - .

Hello again!

I'm also wondering if you had any recommendations on eyepieces.

I currently have a 25mm (x60 mag) and a 10mm (x150). I'm thinking of getting (a) a 6 mm high power eyepiece or something similiar to reach my realistic potential of x250 with this scope and (b) a low power eyepiece and preferably one that will give me as wide a field of view as posible (I think a 32mm would be best)

I was thinking about getting a x 2 barlow lens but with my current highest ep of 10 mm this would give me a magnification of x300 which would be pushing things a bit too far probably.

Any thoughts on all this, good makes, prices etc....?
Записаний

Yvk

• Клуб Астрополіс
  • Подяк: 476
    • Не адмін на деякий час
Re: some new eyepieces
« Відповідь #1 : 11 Березня 2010, 00:10:18 »
. - .

Hi Steve,

That's right, 10mm + 2x barlow will be too much for you scope with probably the only exception when it comes to observing close binaries.

From my personal experience with this scope for planetary observing even 250x (2D) is often too much. The most pleasing views of planets I got with Orion 7mm ultrascopic eyepiece (220x). On single ocassion under exceptionally steady skies 5mm Celestron ultima ep gave me very nice view of Saturn - it was really huge :) but actually no additional details which were not visible with 7mm.

As a general rules for high magnifications:
1. you want as little glass in eyepiece as possible (plossl or ortho are good, but they have small field of view and eye relief)
2. if you have to have some additional glass (for longer eye relief and wider FOV) you want it to be as higher quality as possible

My final set of eyepieces for 127mm SW-Mak was 7mm Orion plossl, 12mm & 18mm Celestron ultima plossl, 24.5mm Meade SWA with 62* FOV as a "finder" eyepiece, I also have Celestron ultima 2x barlow to combine with 12 and 18mm.
I chose 24.5mm wide angle because background in it is a bit darker than with 32mm plossl but visible portion of the sky is the same.
Записаний

Steve1976

« Відповідь #2 : 12 Березня 2010, 13:24:12 »
. - .

Thanks mate. That's great advice. I'll look into those.

Do you have any opinion on the TAL eyepieces? I've heard they're cheap but good quality nevertheless, or would you advise against them (I was thinking they have a 7.5 mm)?

Also your Barlow is great but a tad too expensive for me - would a x2 synta get me by? Or would you suggest saving for something better?

I was also thinking the 12 and 18mm for mid-range

Cheers
Записаний

AlexGor 18

• Everything should exist in harmony...
« Відповідь #3 : 22 Березня 2010, 13:22:36 »
. - .

Hi, Steve
From my little experience i can reccomend you this eyepieces^
www.astromagazin.net/product_info.php?products_id=111
www.astromagazin.net/product_info.php?products_id=108
maybe some other, but these eyepieces are really great quality even at high powers  :SLA:
Записаний
Sky-Watcher Dob 8" Pyrex (с эл. фокусером)
Delta Optical Classic 10-30*50